In Today’s Article I will share with you the Authentic and Delicious Real Italian Chicken Marsala Recipe: Italian Chicken Marsala is a classic Italian-American dish that has become increasingly popular in recent years.
It’s a rich and flavorful dish that is perfect for a cozy family dinner or a romantic evening with your loved one. The dish is made with chicken cutlets that are cooked in a savory marsala wine sauce with mushrooms, garlic, and shallots. It’s a dish that is simple to prepare and is sure to impress your guests.
Table of Contents
Real Italian Chicken Marsala Recipe
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup Marsala wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat your oven to 200°F. Take a large skillet and heat it over medium-high heat.
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour, salt, and black pepper. Mix well.
- Coat the chicken cutlets in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess.
- In the skillet, heat the olive oil and 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil and butter are hot, add the chicken cutlets to the skillet. Cook the chicken for about 4 minutes on each side, until they are browned and cooked through.
- Once the chicken is cooked, transfer it to a plate and place it in the preheated oven to keep it warm.
- Add the remaining butter to the skillet and allow it to melt.
- Add the sliced mushrooms to the skillet and cook until they are tender and golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Add the minced shallots and garlic to the skillet and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour in the Marsala wine and chicken broth, stirring well to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for about 10 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Once the sauce has thickened, remove it from the heat and stir in the chopped parsley.
- Place the chicken cutlets back into the skillet and spoon the sauce over them.
- Serve the chicken Marsala hot, with a side of your choice, such as roasted vegetables or pasta.
- If you don’t have Marsala wine, you can substitute it with dry sherry or a white wine such as Pinot Grigio.
- To make this dish dairy-free, you can replace the butter with an equal amount of olive oil.
- To make the dish gluten-free, you can use a gluten-free flour blend instead of all-purpose flour.
- For an extra burst of flavor, you can add a tablespoon of capers to the sauce.
- If you’re short on time, you can use chicken tenders instead of chicken breasts, which will cook faster.
Italian Chicken Marsala is a delicious and elegant dish that is perfect for any occasion. The savory and rich sauce is what sets this dish apart and makes it stand out. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a restaurant-quality meal that will impress your family and friends. This recipe is easy to make and can be customized to your liking by adding additional ingredients or tweaking the recipe to suit your taste. Give it a try and enjoy a taste of Italy in your own home!